Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Thinker or The Ethics of the Bathroom Handicap Stall?

Just about anybody I know who has any sense of morality or ethics would never park in a handicap parking spot. Personally I don't mind parking far from the entrance, because that means the door on my vehicle is less likely to get dinged. Of course if I'm driving one of our cars with high school parking lot experience and a teenage driver on it's resume, I just park right up front. The least of my worries is door dings at this point.
 
But when it comes to the bathroom there is no sign on the handicap stall. So it leaves me pondering what is the proper thing to do? The restroom at the office has two stalls, one regular sized one and a second oversized handicap stall. I wouldn't say I'm claustrophobic, but I do like the roominess provided in the oversized stall. A little elbow room while you play brick breaker on your blackberry never hurts.

As far as I know there isn’t anyone on my floor who requires the handicap stall, but what if someone visiting our office had a bad burrito for lunch and was in a hurry? Obviously it would be an unpleasant situation for everyone involved, but is building security going to write you up?

Just wondering?

No comments: